Friday, August 17, 2012

My Internship

As I promised, I will share my experience of my project in China.
Just to stated, after considering for two day. I choose Gan Su as my exchange places.
Gan Su is last three developing in China.
Could you imagine the places?
My training started on 7 July in Beijing.
My project management was'nt good. We face a lot of trouble and difficulties throughout the internship. Most of us (EP) just feel want to give up on this project but we are not did that for sure.
i just feel all about Gan Su is the best =)
To reach Gan Su, I need to take 25 hours train and 9 hours bus to reach the school.
2 days 2 night not slept in the good condition,
Just make my emotion unstable.
3 am in the morning reach the school. All the way to school just in dark condition.
When the reach school, just feel that I been cheated. Am I?
 The toilet can't acceptable by us. Perhaps we never try that. Toilet don't have any water provided or even a DOOR!! We don't have any electricity in our room, fan but we been provide a lamp =( If we want to charge our hp , laptop, we need to go office and charge it .
For room is acceptable by me although with a thin bed and hard pillow, perhaps too tired. I'm easily fall asleep that day.
Next day, when I'm open my door, the places is so adventure and nice! I like it so much. All mixed feeling had been changed but not student toilet ya ^^
First day , we been introduce to student and teacher over the school. After that we having team building game with student and a session with a title Dream.
Until now i still remember a girl said she want change her life with study and change her hometown to modern city step by step. When I'm listen to this , I'm asking myself, what is my next step?
Ya, most of them never step out from that village for 10 years plus. I'm not sure how are they survive all these year.  They ever meet foreigner, universities students before us. 3 years back, the environment is worse than now but everything change after earthquake. Government of China subsidize and change the facilities of that village .
Facilities of that school better than UUM. Their projector , LCD TV in touch screen. So in RIGHT? UUM also don't have I guess ><
We have 12 EP in these project ( 6 from UIR and 6 from UIBE ). Due of too many people in charge of Math, I need to in charge in music with another 2 EP and 3 chinese buddies =(
Without any knowledge on that,i take up this responsibility to let them more English song. Perhaps never try never know. In our opinion, they have some level in English knowledge but too bad is out of our expectation. A simple song like Little Indians, Lion King Song, they can't sing well and pronounce it well =( Oh gosh. I don't know until a guy came to me and ask me about verbs. I realize they learn English in Chinese character . The way they speak just like pronounce in Chinese! Oh gosh , how they can develop if just taking teacher from same background on that?
We divide to three class, small, medium and big class . The most harder handle is small class.They are too hyper until don't know how to control them usually =( while medium class just shy among each others. Music group in charging of DTD of big class as well.
When get along always, big class started to enjoy our session and trying to speak in English ^^
Basically we start our class at 7.40 am until 11am continue by 2pm until 5pm. After 5pm, we join them playing badminton, basketball, pingpong etc to have healthy life? For sure just spent our day over here. Other than that, we go around the village to have a look. Most nearest city need take 2 hours journey by bus =( I never left the school unless  just play around the village =)
We don't have fan because the weather is so cool~ A rumor stated that if night time have a lot of star, next morning will have a hot weather! I'm not believe it until I make experience on that!! Believe or not , those kid wear the same shirt for few days up to 1 week / 2 week. We just see the same shirt that they wear all those day. To be frank, i can't accept the smell in class but I have no choice. From them, they just bath one week once if necessary. Before earthquake, they need take water from river just for bath. What a pity? I don't think I want to bath if I required to do so? As we are 1st batch EP a.k.a foreigner, they give us to bath every day with time limit from 5pm - 10 pm. We have 30 over peoples! But is okay because most of the chinese buddies bath 2 day once or 3 day once. Although they bath , but yet still wear the same shirt! Oh gosh ><
Next food. Our food paid by my LC , UIR as promised! Our breakfast is Man Tou with soya bean , or porridge. Lunch provide rice with some vege and Dinner just Mee. Everyday just repeat the same menu , so boring but we don't have choice to choose others food. If you are rich, but yet you still can't buy a bowl of rice! WT*...... We able to eat meat 2 day once with combination of vegetarian. For them beef, pork or even chicken is very expensive. They not able afford for some family =) Shall we save food next time?

In my own opinion, they are more clever than us . They know a lot of thing and truly experience on that. We just learn and going to practice when we are working. Perhaps what we learn , we just use in future but we don't know how those thing come, where is the reason and they know it! We are fail right?

A guy told me they don't like city, for them there is no freedom in city compare in village. They can go any where without inform their parents . They can swim every where and do whatever they feel is okay and no harm for them.

I wish I can have their life. But too bad,  I still need face reality =) Accept it and experience it.

NOW, i proud to say I know the reason why people go for few time GCDP!
I wish I have second GCDP =)

* Vietnam trip update soon*




No comments:

Post a Comment